Hello, beautiful! Welcome back to another series of Do-It-Yourself (DIY) fun project.
So in the previous DIY project, I’ve shared a list of 10 best DIY facial toner which is super easy to do and good for your skin. Today, I’m going to share with you another awesome DIY beauty product which is LIP BALM. YAY! Many people think that lip balms are only meant for people who have chapped lips, but this is not true! Tinted lip balm works equally good like common lipsticks which add a tint of natural color to your lips. Applying lip balm also gives you a fuller and juicier lips. Besides, our lips are more prone to get dry in cold season, so lip balms will ensure your lips are well hydrated and make your chapped lips heal faster. However, you don’t have to spend a fortune on branded lip balms because a homemade lip balm is effective enough to keep your lips hydrated and healthy.
Here are the best DIY lip balm recipes I’ve found on the internet and you should definitely give it a try today!
1. DIY Organic Tinted Lip Balm.
- 1 tbsp beeswax pastilles
- 2 teaspoons of organic coconut oil
- Vitamin E oil
- 5 drops of your favourite essential oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of organic beet root powder for tint (optional)
- containers for lip balm (either tubes or mini pots)
- First, add a few drops of vitamin E oil to the bottom of a microwave-safe bowl.
- Measure out 2 teaspoons of coconut oil, fill them in the bowl.
- Next, take 1 teaspoon full of beeswax pastilles and transfer it to the bowl.
- Now, stir the mixture up and microwave for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, take out the mixture and stir, and then microwave again until the mixture melts completely.
- Once the coconut oil and beeswax mixture melted completely, add in your favourite essential oils and tint powder. Stir well.
- Cautiously transfer the mixture into each container. Don’t be too slow when pouring the mixture because it can harden very fast.
- Let it sit cool and voila! Your homemade tinted lip balm is done!
2. DIY Rose Vanilla Lip Balm.
- 1 tbsp of cocoa butter
- 3 tbsp of rose-infused oil + ¼ teaspoon for mixing with alkanet root
- 1 tbsp of beeswax pastilles (or grated beeswax)
- ½ tablespoon of castor oil
- ¼ of alkanet root powder (or you can substitute it with beet root powder)
- 5 drops of vanilla essential oil (or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract if you can’t find vanilla essential oil)
- Several empty lip balm tins to store the lip balm (If you can’t find lip balm tin, you can opt for empty eye shadow containers or empty contact lens cases)
First step: How to make rose-infused oil?
- Prepare a handful of dried rose petals in a heat resistance glass jar, make sure the dried rose petals filled about 1/3 of the glass jar.
- Then, fill the glass jar with ¾ full of olive oil. (You can opt for avocado oil, grapeseed oil or sunflower oil)
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place glass jar in the pre-heated oven and close the oven door. Immediately turn off the oven and let it sit for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, take out the glass jar and strain rose petals from the rose-infused oil. Finished! Now you get your own home-made rose-infused oil.
Second step: Start to make your own lip balm.
- First, prepare a measuring jar, throw in cocoa butter, beeswax, castor oil and 3 tbsp of rose-infused oil.
- Then, take out a sauce pan and fill in with an inch of water, bring it to a simmer over low-heat temperature.
- Place the measuring jar on top of the sauce pan. Wait for it to melt completely.
- While waiting for the mixture to melt, mix ¼ teaspoon of rose-infused oil together with alkanet root powder in a small bowl until it is well-blended.
- Once the cocoa butter and beeswax mixture have completely melted in golden color, take the jar out from the sauce pan. Add in alkanet root and oil mixture, stir all the mixture together.
- Lastly, add in 5 drops of vanilla essential oil (or vanilla extract). Stir thoroughly until it is well-combined.
Final Step: Distribute lip balm mixture into each empty lip balm container.
- Pour lip balm into containers cautiously and quickly. Lip balm can harden very fast so be sure to not be too slow.
- Let it sit cool for awhile and there goes your pretty little lip balm!
3. DIY Unicorn Lip Balm.
- 1.5 oz sweet almond oil (you can opt for grapeseed oil)
- 1 oz. fractioned coconut oil
- 1 0z. emulsifying wax
- 1 oz. shea butter
- few drops of desired essential oil.
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- ¼teaspoon each of three mica colors (if you can’t find mica colors, can opt for bright eye shadow color)
- 3/8 teaspoon of shimmer pearl.
- Combine emulsifying wax and shea butter in a measuring glass jar. Prepare a sauce pan and fill in with an inch of water, bring water to a simmer over low heat. Place measuring glass jar on top of the sauce pan. Wait until emulsifying wax and shea butter melt completely.
- While waiting for emulsifying wax and shea butter to melt, add in 1 teaspoon of arrowroot powder and stir well. Until there are no visible lumps from arrowroot powder.
- Then, add in sweet almond oil, essential oil and fractioned coconut oil into the unicorn balm mixture.
- Once the mixture is well-blended, distribute evenly into three cups.
- Add in ¼teaspoon of each mica color to each cup. Mix well after each addition. Now you’ll have three colors of lip balm mixture.
- It’s time to add shimmering elements into your lip balm. Add 1/8 teaspoon of shimmering pearl to each of three lip balm mixture. Stir well until the mixture is well-combined.
- Scoop out one of the colors into your empty lip balm container, let it fill 1/3 of the container. Repeat with second and third color, until the container is filled.
- Once you filled the container with all 3 colors, it’s time to swirl them up! Use a toothpick or tiny spatula to swirl the unicorn balm, until the colors mix together.
- Let it sit cool for awhile until it completely hardens. Finished! A magical DIY unicorn lip balm is done!
4. Chocolate Lip Balm
- 1 oz. Shea butter
- 1 oz. beeswax
- 1 oz. cocoa powder
- 0.4 oz castor oil
- 0.8 oz Vitamin E oil
- 0.9 avocado oil
- Prepare a measuring glass jar and a sauce pan. Throw in beeswax, castor oil, vitamin E oil, and avocado oil into the glass jar.
- Fill the sauce pan with an inch of water, bring water to a simmer over low heat. Then, place measuring glass jar on top of the sauce pan, wait till the mixture melt completely.
- Once beeswax is melted, add in Shea butter and stir well until the mixture melt completely.
- Once the mixture melted and there are no visible lumps, add in cocoa powder and stir until it blends completely.
- Now, pour the lip balm mixture into each lip balm container and let it cool down. Voila! Your delicious chocolatey lip balm is done.
Now, you can have your own DIY lip balm which is perfectly customized to your taste, woo!
Whether you like it tinted, flavorful, or colorful, these DIY lip balm recipe are doubtlessly the coolest thing I’ve ever found on the internet.
Not only that they make you look great but it’s all made with natural ingredients. Plus, this makes a great gift idea for your loved ones.
If you’ve tried making one, tell us how it goes because we’d love to hear from you. <3
See you around and don’t forget to be awesome all day everyday!