Do you eat to live or live to eat? As a foodie, it’s definitely the latter. It’s our life mantra. Eating is one of the simple pleasures in life. We all have our food-loving moments but some people are just always in the mood for food. You’re a shameless, unapologetic foodie if you find 20 of these statements relatable in your life.
1. You know you’re a foodie when your Instagram feed looks like a menu.
2. … Or in some cases, you can’t Instagram your meal because you ate it already. You got too excited and forgot to take pictures of it.
3. Your travel plans revolve around meals and sight visits are to take a break between meals.
4. You have various angles of the dish you had from your last meal in your phone gallery.
5. You use a specific app for taking food pictures.
6.You splurge your money on food but you’ll think twice before spending on anything else.
7. You think pizza is a well balanced diet.
8. You stare at your friends, wide-eyed in disbelief, when they ask, ” What’s poutine?”
It’s probably one of the best inventions in the world. A Canadian dish of French fries and cheese curds topped with brown gravy. *HEAVY BREATHING*
9. You have ate food that you can’t even pronounce.
A classic Middle Eastern dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, chilli peppers, onions and spiced off with cumin – Shashooshka? Nope. Shashuksha? Almost. Shakshuka, AHA! EUREKA!
10. Your flirting skills involve food because you believe the best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
“Hey baby, if you were a pizza and I were cheese, I’d melt over you.”
11. You have a deep appreciation for fine food art and garnishing.
Canapes with black sturgeon caviar, smoked salmon and finished with dill. Using only the finest and freshest ingredients, they’re artistically plated to awaken your palate and refine your dining experience. Ahhh, so much skill and sophistication on a plate!
12. But you’ll give the exotic ones a shot as well.
They may look ugly like it’s something you would find on Fear Factor but you’re willing to eat the balut at least once in your life.
Or sip on the most expensive coffee in the world defecated by the civet cat, kopi luwak.
13. The key to a great party is great food.
14. You think about food all the time.
15. When you can’t compete with your neighbour’s Christmas lights, you beat them at table-setting instead.
16. Your taste buds can distinguish different types of rice. Short grain, long grain, black, white or red.
17. Food is your soulmate.
18. You’re the go-to person among your friends, family and co-workers for the best places to eat.
19. You’re willing to travel the distance for the best burger that’s out of town. It’s worth every bite.
20. You beam with joy when people call you a foodie. It’s the best compliment you’ve ever received.
” People who love to eat are always the best people. ” – Julia Child.