I bet everyone of you might have encountered this problem which is how to get rid of the annoying blackheads.
I used to have this problem until I did some research and found this useful and easy D.I.Y remedies.
Without further do, let’s begin with some basic knowledge on blackheads to help you understand the situation.
Basic Knowledge on Blackheads
- Blackheads occur when your pores become clogged with excess sebum as well as dead skin cells.
- The obvious difference between a black head and a white head is whether the pore is open or closed.
- If the pore is open, the plug of sebum oxidizes as it is exposed in the air which results in turning into black.
- Blackheads are NOT caused by dirt.
- Scrubbing your face obsessively is NOT a great way to get rid of blackheads, it even worsen the situation as it will end up drying out the skin which results in causing more oil to be created in order to make up everything you stripped away.
- Hence, don’t use some of the remedies such as pore strips and sugar scrub more than 2-3 times a week. I know many of you might want to cure it fast but believe me your skin will be better off this way!
1. Egg White Mask
I believe you might have heard this remedy as it is very popular and USEFUL as well!
Besides of enduring the smell, the results is AWESOME!
According to studies, egg whites form an easy mask that can be used to tighten the pores temporarily.
This results in reducing the opportunity of future blackheads and also remove current blackheads.
Egg whites are rich in nutrients for your skin such as the egg proteins significantly contribute in maintaining the elasticity of skin.
Besides, egg white mask is a little less drying than other home remedies.
- 1 egg
- Facial tissue
- A small bowl
1. Cleanse your face and pat your face dry.
2. Separate the yolk from white, then apply a thin layer of egg white on your skin.
3. Place a strip of facial tissue over the wet egg white. Make sure you pressed it gently onto your face.
4. Then, let the first layer to dry.
5. When its dry carefully apply the second thin layer of egg white over the tissue and let this layer dry. You can continue apply the third layer if you feel it is insufficient.
6. When the mask is dry, peel the facial tissue off and you will spot those annoying blackheads being removed together with the facial tissue.
7. Gently wash your face to remove any residue, pat dry and moisture as usual.
2. Honey and Milk Pore Strips
Honey and milk both comprise of properties that are good for skin.
Honey consists of antibacterial properties, and the lactic acid in milk can keep the skin soft.
Hence, when the honey and milk are mixed together, they can act adhesive.
- 1 tablespoon of organic raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- Cotton Strip
1. Mix 1 tablespoon of organic raw honey with 1 teaspoon of milk.
2. Heat it for 5-10 seconds in microwave and mix again to blend thoroughly.
3. When it’s a comfortable temperature, apply a thin layer over the blackheads area and gently but firmly pat a strip of cotton on it.
4. Let it dry up for at least 20 minutes and carefully peel the strip away.
5. Rinse it with cold water and moisturise as usual.
3. Backing Soda and Water
A little backing soda goes a long way for blackheads.
However, don’t overdo it, as it can seriously dry out your skin due to its saltiness.
The biggest reason baking soda helps in removing blackheads is it’s small, fine, granules that can work as a natural and inexpensive way to exfoliate and remove anything clogging your pores which cause the blackheads.
- 1 part baking soda
- clean water
1. Mix water with baking soda to form a thick but spreadable paste.
2. Massage the paste into your skin using a gentle circular motion.
3. Rinse thoroughly with water, pat your face dry and then make sure you moisturise.
4. Cinnamon and Honey Pore Strips
Cinnamon and honey make a wonderful combination for getting rid of blackheads.
This is because honey comprises of anti-bacterial properties which will keep the bacteria that causes the acne away.
Besides, it also acts as the adhesive to pull out anything clogging your pores.
In terms of cinnamon, it increases blood flows which will results in giving you a smoother, healthy and glow skin.
- 1 part of cinnamon powder
- 1 part of organic raw honey
- Clean strips of cotton
1. Mix the honey and cinnamon together until you have enough paste to cover the affected area.
2. Apply the thin layer over the blackheads.
3. Press a strip of clean cotton over it.
4. Let it sit for 3-5 minutes before removing and rinsing your face. Make sure you remember to moisturise your face!
5. Sugar Cleansing Scrub
It is good to exfoliate your skin once to twice a week in order to slough away dead skin cells.
This is due to dead skin cells might potentially clog up your pores, which will lead to acne, whiteheads and blackheads.
With this sugar cleansing scrub, it can temporarily revives circulation and it will soften your skin and give your skin the natural glow.
- 1 cup of sugar (you can use either white sugar or brown sugar)
- 4 tablespoons of jojoba oil
- An airtight glass jar
- Essentials oils (optional)
1. Mix 4 tablespoons of jojoba oil into 1 cup of sugar, stirring it thoroughly until it is dully incorporated.
2. If you like, you can add several drops of essential oil for fragrance.
3. Store it in an airtight glass jar and place it in cool dark place. (This is due to you can use it for awhile but I recommend you to make a fresh one after 1 and a half months)
4. Before you use it, wet your face, stir it and scoop some scrub onto your fingertips. Then, massage it over your skin in circular motions.
5. Rinse it with water and remember to moisturise.
* Don’t overdo this as your skin will dry out and cause irritation. You can scrub 2 – 3 times a week.
6. Charcoal Peel Off Mask
I bet most of you own this charcoal peel off mask at home.
Indeed charcoal peel off mask is very effective in removing stubborn blackheads that keep coming back.
Besides, it is actually very easy and cheap if you do it yourself instead of buy it at the market.
- Activated Charcoal Capsule (You can get this at drugstores)
- Elmer’s glue
1. Put some Elmer’s glue in a bowl, (you can adjust the amount depending on what area you’ll be using). I used it on my whole face, so I added 2 tbsp of Elmer’s glue.
2. Open up the activated charcoal capsules. (I used a total of 3)
3. Use a wooden stirrer or a spoon to mix the mixture thoroughly.
4. Apply the mixture on a freshly cleanse face or you can steam your face before doing it.
5. Let it dry for 10-15 minutes until it becomes harden. Then, you can peel it off.
That’s all for today!
I hope you find this article useful and by this step you should have the idea how to remove and prevent black heads easily.
Don’t hesitate to leave us a comment if you do try out the remedies!