Summer is just ahead us which means most of us are hitting the beach and enjoy some sea breeze and sun kissed skin! Thus, if you want to look chic and flattering in your swimsuit, make sure you continue reading. We’ve resolved to put an end to the fear and frustration that come with swimsuit shopping. Whether you’ve curvier frames or athletic body types, we’re helping you to find the utterly perfect swimsuit style that fi and flatter your frame! Without further ado, let’s start with the dos and don’ts when you’re shopping for swimsuit!
- Do try as many different suits as possible. This is because swim styles change all the time, so by continuously discovering you may find your new favourite silhouette!
- Do size down when you’re not sure as swimsuits expand when they get wet.
- Do use ties and adjustable straps to fit the suit to your body. Go tighter than you think. Once tied, lean forward and adjust until your bust is covered!
- Don’t choose a trendy silhouette if it doesn’t fit you well! Trendy pieces don’t make you look flattering if they don’t suit you. Always bare in mind, great style always begins with a great fit, so it’s more important to find the silhouette that best flatters your figure.
- Don’t assume that a larger size or more fabric will give you more flattering coverage. Many women tend to purchase suits that are way too large for them. As a result, the fabric gaps and the suits don’t support properly, If you aim for more coverage, find a style that offers more coverage!
1. Pear Shape
You’re curvy at the hips and thighs and smaller on top.
Celebrities with pear shape figure: Beyoncé, Jennifer Lopez, and Jennifer Love Hewitt.
What to look for: The key to the perfect swimsuit is balancing your proportions and getting the coverage you need for your bottom half.
Tips and Tricks:
- For a traditional fix, look for a clean-skirted bottom that falls just below the largest part of the upper leg.
- Avoid reaching for a boy short or thick-banded bottom. This will call attentions to the area you’re trying to mask.
- Pick eye-catching tops such as a plunging neckline to accentuate the attentions to your top instead of bottom.
Styles to try:
Crochet Trimmed One-Shoulder Bikini ($23.00 USD)
Crafted from highly stretchy fabric, this bikini showcases an alluring one-shoulder bikini top that guarantees to steal the crowd away! Showcasing a Brazilian half pucker bottom it flaunts your curves perfectly. lastly, the colourful crochet trims trailing along the edges instantly injects a bohemian aesthetics and contemporary style to this bikini!
Put your shoulders on display with this enticing floral print off-the-shoulder bikini featuring crochet detailing. Showcasing an alluring off-the-shoulder bikini top, not only it draws attentions to your sexy shoulders and collar bone, it also flaunts your toned abs perfectly. The floral print that dancing all over the top and bottom instantly injects a tropical vibe to your bikini. The crochet lace trims trailing along the hem adds a feminine accent that befits your personality. Lastly, this bikini is finished off with bow accent bottom.
All eyes will be on you when you hit the beach in this beautiful palm print plunge v one-piece swimsuit cutout detailing and bow accent. Showcasing a plunging neckline, it flaunts your curves in a gorgeous manner. The cutout detailing on both sides continues to the back, shaping a daring cutout back! Making your back anything but boring. The standout palm print not only injects a summer tropical vibe to your look but also instantly get you noticed for all the right reasons!
2. Large Bust
Ample cleavage; you’re chesty and require more support up top
Celebrities with large bust figure: Katy Perry, Tyra Banks
Tips and Tricks:
- Bra-style tops with underwire and adjustable straps provide extra bust support. The thicker the strap, the more support.
- Higher backs are also a good fit for helping to keep the girls up.
- Molded cups give extra support and are available in many different styles.
- Explore suits marked with sizing like your regular bra, including styles that go above a D, which are made to support a larger bust.
The rows of sunbathers seem never-ending, so do the compliments you received over your black and white colour block wrap bikini featuring cutout detailing! Black and white bands, crisscrossing at the neckline, gives you the extra support yet making sure you look chic AF! The cutout deet on the top instantly injects a flirty accent when it flaunts your bust. This bikini is then finished off with matching colour block Brazilian Bottom with cutout detailing.
You’ll feel confident knowing you have the support you want in this classic beauty, halter strap ruled one-piece swimsuit! This swimsuit showcases low-cut legs, flattering ruching, and a retro fit with halter neck that wows on many body types! There’s no need a single worry of exposing your flaws! Flaunt your flair for vintage fashion by making a splash in this classy look!
A lagoon is the perfect cool-off spot, so today you’re lounging on the shores in this black and white geometric print bikini featuring halter neck and high waisted bottom! This enticing halter top features black and white geometric print not only capture lenses from near and far, but also gives you the full support you’re looking for. The high rise bottom is everything you could ever ask for. It cinches your waist and creates an illusion of you having a slender figure. The cutout deets on the bottom flaunts your skin without bearing it all, giving you a flirty accent.
Proportionally, you’re smaller on top with an A or B cup.
What to look for: A smaller bust requires less support, so you can actually challenge many different styles with more minimal coverage or embellished detailing, bows, and patterns to create the illusion of a larger chest.
Tips and Tricks:
- Triangle tops create the illusion of curves, the same goes to tops with bold prints or embellishments with ruffles.
- Bra tops and padded push-up tops offer extra lift and can create cleavage, as can certain halter tops.
- A smaller bust always means you can wear tiny scoop tops or bandeaus! EMBRACE them!
Ruffled Off-The-Shoulder Lace-Up Bikini ($24.14 USD)
A morning stroll along the coastline followed by a brunch is what the itinerary holds, and this ruffled off-the-shoulder lace-up bikini is up for it all! Showcasing an off-the-shoulder neckline support with spaghetti straps, it flaunts your sexy shoulder while making sure everything held in place. The ruffle detailing is a gorgeous addition as it injects a romantic accent and creates an illusion of you having a fuller bust. The lace-up detailing is a huge plus point as it instantly makes you look chic AF! Lastly, it is finished off with a Brazilian bottom.
White Bandeau Bikini Featuring Cutout Detailing ($25.99 USD)
Go carefree on your upcoming beach vacation in this minimal and cute white bandeau bikini featuring cutout detailing. Showcasing a bandeau straight across neckline, it flaunts your sexy shoulders. The cutout detailing on the bikini top, instantly spice up the minimal silhouette and flaunt some skin without bearing it all. The Brazilian bottom with cutout detailing complements the top and gives off the sexy accent.
You made a promise to finally use that precious vacation time – so grab this crochet off-the-shoulder lace-up bikini featuring high rise bottom and cutout! Crafted with exquisite lace crochet, this bikini complements ladies with small chest perfectly. Besides, it also creates a romantic accent that befits your personality. The crochet falls from an alluring off-the-shoulder neckline, sleeves to a lace-up detailing bikini top. It also features a high rise bikini bottom with lace-crocheting that creates the peekaboo effect through the holes.
You’re more straight up and down and have fewer curves.
Celebrities with athletic figure: Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Aniston
What to look for: Play up your curves with styles that flaunt your frame. Suits with less coverage help to create the illusion of a shapelier figure.
Tips and tricks:
- Tops or bottoms with bold prints, ruffles, and embellishments add intrigue and feminine flair that can create the appearance of more curve at top and bottom.
- Monokinis create fabulous curves, as do one-pieces with slashes or strategically places cutouts.
- The smaller the swimsuit bottom, the fuller and curvier the butt appears.
- Tie-side bikini bottoms enhance curves and adjust perfectly to your size.
Striped Plunge V Lace-Up One-Piece Swimsuit (27.99 USD)
We’re totally vibin’ this sailor style striped plunge v lace-up one-piece swimsuit. Showcasing classic navy stripes all over the swimsuit, it instantly injects a nautical vibe to your swim look. Besides, the stripes also accentuates your curves, waist and bust, creating a flattering figure. The red hue is a gorgeous addition as it adds a pop of colour. Lastly, it is finished off with a daring plunging neckline with lace-up eyelet deets that draws attentions to your bust!
You have the week off, but your stylish sensibilities are working overtime as you demonstrate in this gorgeous floral print ruffled triangle bikini featuring high rise bottom. The skimpier cut bikini top will help you play up your curves, whilst the ruffle trim instantly creates a romantic flowy movement and creates an illusion of fuller bust. The bow accent is a gorgeous addition as it complements the feminine appeal of the bikini. Lastly, it is finished off with a high rise ruffled bottoms that will look absolutely fab on any body type!
4. Tummy Concealing
Two-Piece Bikini Featuring Tankini Top ($31.00 USD)
Your summer vacation itinerary planning is a process, that’s for certain, but one element that isn’t in question is which swimsuit you’ll wear! And, this minimal and flattering two-piece bikini featuring ruched tankini top is it! Showcasing a tankini top, it hides all your flaws effortlessly. The ruching detailing is a gorgeous addition as it instantly adds some texture to it making the top anything but boring. This swimsuit is finish off with a matching colour bottoms.
With each wave you ride wearing this ‘retro inspired polka dots two-piece bikini featuring halter strap and high rise bottom, the world whirrs with romantic rhythm. Showcasing a halter strap bikini top with push-up padded, it accentuates your curves in a modish manner. The white polka dots that sprinkled all over the blue backdrop instantly injects a retro vibe. Lastly, the red high rise bottom with some crisscross band is definitely a life saver by concealing your tummy and creates an illusion of you having a tiny waist.
You don’t have to wear a bikini to flaunt a slip of skin. Look extremely beautiful when you pick the right style just like this bardot swimsuit! Featuring an enticing off-shoulder neckline, it flaunts your sexy shoulders. Whilst, the 70’s flared sleeves creates a beautiful flowy movement and injects a romantic accent. This one-piece beaut is also a life safer when it comes to conceal your tummy!
You’re curvy throughout with a full bust, hips, thighs, and butt.
Celebrities with curvy figure: Scarlett Johansson, Kim Kardashian
What to look for: For curvy frames, the key is to highlight your curves while providing enough support and coverage. If you’re not keen on exaggerating your curves, then steer clear of monokinis or string bikinis with thicker ties, which can accentuate your widest areas.
Tips and tricks:
- Asymmetrical suits draw the eye toward the neckline, highlighting the beautiful line from a woman’s neck to her collarbone.
- Color block helps to highlight your shape.
Spend your day strolling along the shore and enjoy popsicle I’m this enticing and fun two-piece bikini featuring striped off-the-shoulder top and palm leaf print high rise bottoms! Showcasing an off-the shoulder top with black stripes running all over it, it shows off your sexy shoulders perfectly. The high rise pink bottom with green palm leaves instantly injects the summery tropical vibe to your look. At the same time the high-waisted style will complement your hourglass figure!
Utterly alluring, this one-piece swimsuit which shows off your shoulders and side in one irresistible silhouette in a get-noticed pattern promises to capture the lenses from near and far everywhere you go! The one shoulder neckline with gold-tone ornament instantly amps up the glam. Whilst, the circular cutout at the waist, and high cut bottoms flaunt your skin and sexy long legs!
That’s all for today, by this stage I hope you should have an idea on what kind of swimsuit silhouette complements you the best!
So step out of comfort zone and start to experiment more different styles!